Standard Programmes (IME 1-3/4)
YMC offers two standard programmes, a BA in Theological Studies from the University of Sheffield and a Foundation Degree in Theology and Ministry from York St John University. Students studying for the BA do so via weekday evenings at York or Mirfield. Students studying for the Foundation Degree do so through local diocesan Schools of Ministry (eg in Wakefield and Bradford dioceses). However, the following components are common to both pathways, bringing the student body together:
- Six residential weekends: (Friday evening – Sunday lunchtime) each year in which thematic teaching is undertaken within a pattern of shared worship, meals, formational groups and social time.
- An annual 8 day residential Easter School: (either Holy or Easter week) characterised by in-depth engagement with the following key areas of ministry on a 3-yearly rolling programme; undertaken within a pattern of shared worship, meals, formational groups and social time:
- Theology and Politics of Relationships (2010, 2113, etc);
- Communicating the Gospel Today (2012, 2015 etc);
- Christian Mission in a Plural World (2011, 2114, etc).
- Exploration of Christian Spirituality: through weekend lectures, group presentations, seminars, two day-long Retreats and a Quiet Day, including the preparation of a Statement of Personal Faith.
- Preparation for Ordination: a module undertaken during the term preceding Ordination exploring the theology, spirituality and practice of Ordination and ordained ministry.
For more information please download our 2011-2012 Prospectus:
YMC Prospectus 2012-2013 (PDF)